Pond Puncture

There’s a hole in my pond!

A bit like the Titanic – I have a hole in my liner! In that good bit of weather yesterday, not only did I mow the lawn but I also attempted to repair the edge of my pond. Some ginger lily roots had managed to encroach on the pond and push the liner inwards. This had the effect of allowing water to escape over the liner and lower the water level of the pond. So, the first job was to dig-up the offending clump of ginger lilies. For this task I used a garden fork and in the process managed to stick a prong of the fork through the liner. I did cure the ginger lily problem but now thanks to the hole made by the fork, the water level has dropped by another 6 inches! The pond looks very sad and the fish look very worried! I’ve been pondering what to do and I think this coming weekend I will need to do some major repair work that will probably entail reshaping that section of the pond to ensure the damaged part of the liner is above the high water mark.

1 comment:

  1. doh, not good, cant you use one of those repair patches with the glue they use to join liners together?

    ReplyDelete