The Small Temporary Plastic Greenhouse Is Up!

Always, as Mrs Musa calls it, a landmark day in the calendar – the small, temporary, plastic greenhouse has today been erected! I always require the help of Mrs Musa with the erection as I find it difficult to do alone. It is a daunting task! You start with several dozen different lengths of tubular steel and a large piece of plastic sheet. Today we got the thing up in record time and somehow got the right lengths of tubular steel in the right place first time. Hooray!

Of course, ground preparation takes a bit of time, I have to cut-back the climber, Solanum jasminoides Variegata, I put these cuttings through the shredder before composting. There is a slight problem with the small, temporary, plastic greenhouse in that mice, in the garage where it has been stored, have chewed through some of the guy ropes and even chewed 2 holes in the plastic cover. I think the mice have gone now, they had found the garage quite a luxury pad as we had stored there some of my youngest daughters old soft toys with the intention of giving them to charity. Some of these toys had been stuffed with dried beans and, of course, mice enjoy the odd bean or two. The soft toys are gone now and, I hope, the mice are too.

So far, I’ve only put the Aeoniums in the small, temporary, plastic greenhouse, I think the other stuff will survive the weather for the next couple of weeks despite what looks like being a cold night tonight. Tomorrow – I dig-out the compost heap – another landmark day!

Coming soon . . . The Definitive Guide to Overwintering

AND . . .

The wonder technology of garden webcams with a profile of Kevin’s cam (Kevin is a frequent contributor to this great blog)

2 comments: