Salvia microphylla ‘Cerro Potosi’, Aeonium ‘Zwartkop’ and Humulus lupulus 'Aureus'

IMG_0207v2

Salvia, Aeonium and Hop (left to right). Picture taken this morning.

At the risk of continuing to be boring . . . . . Salvia ‘Cerro Potosi’ . . . . what a fantastic plant / shrub! I keep trying to get a decent photo, I can do OK on getting a good shot of individual blooms but can’t seem to get a shot of the entire shrub that does it justice. Above is yet another attempt! The plant pictured is in a large pot just outside the backdoor which means that you brush against it, releasing the scent of blackcurrants from its leaves. It grows in other parts of the garden plated in the soil and is very, very hardy. It flowers from April to November and only requires some pruning to stop it becoming too scruffy.

Also in the shot are Aeonium ‘Zwartkop’ and the yellow-leaved hop, Humulus lupulus ‘Aureas’.

The strong winds have abated and there has been some warm sunshine. Everything is growing with vigour!

For the first time for many years, I’ve treated the back lawn with weedkiler. The lawn has large amounts of moss in it and since treatment the moss has turned black. I now have a sort of black lawn! Think I may have made a mistake!

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article
    to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!


    My page - Altgold verkaufen

    ReplyDelete