S U C C U L E N T

Getting carried away with the succulent theme here.

Thought I’d add another photo of succulents and, in particular, Pachyphytum bracteosum. This is the plant with pebble-like leaves and it truly is very succulent, it also has an amazing name! I don’t think it will survive the winter outside but I will cover it with a plastic cloche and see what happens – I’ll let you know.

Also in the picture are some Echeverias and a Cactus exiled earlier this year from the house – I wonder if it will survive the winter?

Pachyphytum bracteosum, Cactus and Echeveria

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where you live but before you put plastic on them put a bunch of leaves that fall from the trees. It will help insulate the plants against the cold. In the spring before the snails come out take the leaves and plastic off. It really might help. It works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candy (Sweetstuff),
    I'll give it a go. I usually cover some of my more precious succulents with a plastic cloche but allowing a reasonable flow of air to get in from beneath. My main aim is to keep the wet and damp from them rather than insulate. It always seems a fine line between insulating and allowing conditions in which rot sets in. I like the idea of dry leaves though and will give it a try.
    I live in the southeast of England by the way.
    Thanks again and thanks for visiting this humble blog.

    ReplyDelete