Arundo donax

My last post ( like The Last Post) included a description of the variegated form of Arundo donax. I tried to get a decent photograph of Arundo donax growing in my garden but found that the stems and leaves get lost amongst the other stuff growing nearby. So – I tried a Photoshop technique, known as – ‘ out-of-bounds’ – to isolate the said Arundo. Here is the result:

Arundo donax

As you can see, it is a mighty big grass!

Monday and work looms! I won’t go into any more detail, except to say that ‘Arundo’ reminds me of a track by the band – The Nice – from the 60’s. The keyboardist – Keith Emerson  - went on to form Emerson, Lake and Palmer. I saw their debut at the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970 – Gosh, I’m old!

( the track was actually called ‘Rondo’)

No comments:

Post a Comment