Early Saturday Sunshine

Twas a cold night but I awoke yesterday to bright sunshine. Looking out of the window I saw the early low sunshine lighting up the flowers of the tall grass – Miscanthus sinensis ‘Malepartus’. Its not often that I catch the sunlight coming from this direction so I got-up, got the camera and went out into the chilly dawn dressed only in pyjama trousers.

The photo below is taken from the back-door and shows off the giant reed – Arundo donax – as well as the leaves of all the other plants in this part of the garden:

Early Morning Sunshine

The next photo shows Arundo donax catching the early sunlight:

Arundo donax in the morning sunshine

The next photo shows the scene that prompted my early morning photographic expedition. It is of the red flowers of the tall grass Miscanthus sinensis ‘Malepartus’ with the sun shining through them:

Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus'  flowers

The following 2 photographs again show Miscanthus sinensis ‘Malepartus’ but also show the fronds of the Tree Fern – Dicksonia antarctica. This is my tallest Tree Fern at about 6ft high but I have always struggled to get decent photos of it. The direction of the early morning sunlight seems to show-off the fronds very well:

Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus' flowers caught in the morning sunshine

Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus' flowering and Dicksonia antarctica (Tree Fern)

It was good to have the sunshine but the cold night was a taster of the coming autumn and winter. I’m already thinking of my summer holiday next year!!

2 comments: