Summertime Blues

Looks like summer has finally arrived! Even went to the pub tonight without the need for a coat or jacket! Of course, my trip to the pub was purely for a small glass of medicinal beer.

At last we have lost the cold northerly winds that have afflicted this part of the coast for what seems like months. Actually, most of my traditional garden plants have done well this Spring / Summer, it has been the more exotic plants that have been slow to get going, the bananas, Colocasia etc.

Why the summertime blues you may ask? Because, I am engaged in a massive scheme of decorating following the installation of new kitchen and bathroom stuff. So, rather than a leisurely weekend of pottering in the garden, I've had to be a contortionist up a ladder trying to get paint into the most hard to reach nooks and crannies of the kitchen etc. I don't like it!!

I have interesting (?) news of Beshornaria yuccoides, various bananas and hops to give to my avid readers and as soon as I can get rid of the paint brush, I will add some new posts. Life seems too busy at the moment and next weekend we are off to see Bob Dylan play - I don't know when I will get the chance to just spend some time in the Musa garden.

Otherwise . . . . things are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment