France Trip

I said I would post some photos of out trip to France last week. Well here they are!

We went to stay with my sister and brother-in-law at their house in deepest Dordogneshire. We call their place Chateau Magimix, I'm not really sure why!
The first photo is of Chateau Magimix itself. From here their land stretches down a steep hill with flower borders at the top giving way to a large grassed area with plenty of trees.















The grassed area is partly mowed but with large areas left to grow as meadows into which they have introduced a variety of flowering plants. I supposed they are not, strictly speaking, meadows due to the introduced plants.






The meadow areas look great in the early morning sunshine when still covered in dew. The next two photos show plants in the meadow areas including dandelion which seems to be growing everywhere in this part of France this year.













The last photo shows me in my role as gardening advisor!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment