Snowy Night

Temperature down to –7! However, I braved the sub-zero temperature in order to capture some images for this blog. It helps that I have some low-voltage lighting in the garden but still it is a long wait for the exposure time the camera needs in low light. The exposure times were approximately 30 seconds but that seems a very long time when it is so cold outside.

The first image shows the olive tree, Miscanthus and Tree Fern. The tree fern’s snow-covered fronds have produced almost an igloo (see previous post):

Snow

The next photo shows the Fascicularia bicolor covered in snow and lit by one of the garden spotlights. I thought it looked very strange but now I think it just looks like a clump of snow-covered grass! Oh well!

Snow - Fascicularia bicolor

Finally, you may have read in this blog about my small, temporary plastic greenhouse – Well, I keep a small frost-guard electric heater going in it (probably costs me a fortune in electric bills), the effect of this is that the snow on its roof gradually melts and forms icicles around the edge of the greenhouse roof. I tried to take a photo of these last night:

Icicles From The Small, Temporary, Plastic Greenhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment