New Plants Bought Online

After a couple of cold winters I have lost some of the varieties of plants like Colcoasia. The winters have actually not been that bad, it is more the case that I have not taken basic precautions. I am a lazy gardener!

Anyway, the sort of stuff I want is not available locally and I didn’t feel like making the very long drive to a plant nursery that deals in exotic and tropical plants. So, it was with some doubt that I decided to buy ‘online’, I feared that I would end up with a few weak, small plants that had probably been crushed in transit. Nothing could be further from the truth!

I ordered 4 different varieties of Colocasia, 3 types of banana, an Alocasia and a variety of Aeonium. The plants averaged about £8 each. Three days later I arrived home to find a couple of large cardboard boxes left by the wheelie bins. Each box was open at the top and inside were some of the healthiest plants I have ever seen. They were not tiny seedlings as I expected but quite large plants in quite large pots. I would tell you the size of pot but I don’t understand litres, I’m happier with pints (of beer).

So, I can heartily recommend Amulree Exotics based near Norwich and trading under the name of Turn-It-Tropical. Their website address is:

http://www.turn-it-tropical.co.uk/

They have a vast range of tropical / exotic plants and have become a ‘Trusted Musa Supplier’.

No comments:

Post a Comment