New Year Thoughts

Not resolutions!

It’s been a good weekend weather-wise although I must admit to not doing much outside. The weekend mainly consisted of shopping for trekking gear as my daughter is soon to go trekking in the Atlas Mountains (Morocco) with her school. All the stuff she needs costs a fortune!

I’ve tested out my new Manfrotto tripod, which I got for Christmas, and a few minutes ago took this shot of part of the garden:

January 9th 2011

I know I’m always taking the same shots and must get out more! But I like taking long-exposure night shots and this was just to test the new tripod. This is the view from the dining room windows, I’m so pleased that I invested in some good quality outside spotlights about 10 years ago, otherwise the view from the dining table at this time of year would just be blackness. I’m about to enjoy this view as we eat dinner and drink red wine (probably too much red wine). I’m also going to engage the family on the subject of our Easter holiday, need to get dates fixed so that I can book flights. I’ve already been in touch with the Arikanda Hotel in Adrasan, Turkey to let them know we are coming. I’m really childish about holidays and am already excited at the thought of going there, even though we have been to the same place many times before.

Monday tomorrow and back to work (Yuk). I always have the same feelings on Sunday evenings – I should have made more of the weekend – and – dread at thought of work! There is nothing else for it . . . . I shall have to go to the pub later tonight to extend the weekend as much as possible!

4 comments:

  1. I love your garden. That is perfection. I hope to achieve that at some point. It looks very enclosed, personal, and a great place to drink delcious red wine. Wine is good...never doubt that you may have had enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for your kind comments! Certainly agree about wine.
    As for my garden - Well, I only point the camera at the good bits.
    The project you have undertaken in your garden looks very interesting. I particularly like the desert planting and use of succulents. Even though we have had a succesion of cold winters over the last 3 years here in the UK, I'm becoming aware that cacti are much hardier than many would have thought. This summer I'm going to plant some more cacti and see if I can get them through next winter with perhaps just a cover to keep the rain off.

    ReplyDelete